Sunday 19 July 2015

Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle


The big one!

Sherlock Holmes has been in the public domain for decades but as far as I know there is NO OTHER eBook of his collected adventures as good as this one. All of the others have unwanted supplementary material. Or are not properly formatted. Or are missing the (few, but important) illustrations. It was reading a Sherlock Holmes eBook that finally convinced me to start making my own. I paid about 70 pence for that eBook and as far as I'm concerned, that was 70 pence too much.

All Sherlock Holmes stories by Mr Doyle are included, and any by anyone else have been chucked of course. The .zip file includes .epub for most e-readers, .azw3 for Kindles and a gigantic .mobi file (well, it is 660,000 words) that I find works well with Kindle for PC. Click here to get the link for your .zip file, download it, then when you see it in your 'Downloads' folder, right-click on it and select 'Extract All'. After that, they're yours to use however you like! Just don't sell them, cos that defeats the whole point of this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment